Actively seeking and experienced Forecasting Manager with a solid understanding of WFM tools and the technical expertise to lead a team of forecasters who ensure the organisation is able to deliver a robust 365 service providing outstanding customer service including market leading time to answer.
The Forecasting Team play a critical part in helping us service our customers needs by forecasting the short term demand on our services. The team forecast customer calls and non-call work for the whole business UK wide ensuring the business is prepared to handle the request of our customers.
As leader of this team you will be responsible for making sure our forecasts are completed to the highest standard possible through leading a team of Forecasting Co-ordinators (spread across sites, so some travel will be required approx 2/3 days a month).
- Performance management of the forecasting team, the short term forcasting.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships to ensure there is a good understanding of the forecast.
- Produce mid and short term forecasts for all services including call and non-call work areas.
- Recognise seasonal changes in customer behaviour and embed these in forecast.
- Profile monthly demand for particular services and forecast accordingly.
- Monitor intra-day activity with each service to forecast customer demand during the day.
- Develop and engage a network of stakeholders to understand the forward looking view of the change agenda for our business and ensure that the forecasts reflect these initiatives.
- Maintain a library of business impacts to allow for accurate modelling for future recurrences.
- Communicate changes in forecast throughout the planning cycle to relevant operations including full rationale for the change.
- Use real-time feedback to understand the root cause of variance of demand against plan and when necessary informing a revised forecast.
- Maintain operational metrics tracking to ensure forecast assumptions remain accurate.
- Track business drivers to understand if forecasted assumptions are valid.
- Reflect short notice changes (e.g. system outages) in forecasts.
- Understand, maintain and maximise usage of workflow management systems to produce accurate forecasts.
- Assist in the design and implementation of solutions aimed at improving the efficiency and accuracy of current forecasting processes and methodologies.
- Play a key role in the leadership and development of the overall planning teams effectiveness, alongside the capability to deputise for the Senior Strategic Planning Manager on occasions.
Experience of managing a remote team
Analytical and Forecasting skills
Self/work organisation skills
Written and Oral communication
Understanding of the end to end resource planning cycle
Experience of using Work Force Management (WFM) applications
Veriant or Aspect (desirable).
Planning and Organising
Insight and Solutions
Communication and Impact