Risk & Compliance Officer - Feb 2017
We are looking for experienced Risk and Compliance Officers with experience within the Banking Sector to work with our established Financial Services Client based in central Bristol.
The successful applicant will be responsible for building positive, effective relationships with key stakeholders within Business Units, developing their understanding of risk and compliance matters and influencing decisions to ensure compliant behaviour.
The role requires providing expertise; advice and guidance on a wide range of regulatory issues to enable Business Units understand and fulfil their obligations under the various and complex legislation / codes of practice.
As well as ensuring effective risk assessment and reporting framework is in place to facilitate proactive management of business risks and the reporting, escalation and resolution of issues identified.
The role reports to a Risk & Compliance Manager and works with Managers within the Business to ensure compliance support is provided as needed.
Key Essential Requirements:
- 3 years financial services regulatory experience
- Certificate in Financial Planning qualification (or equivalent)
- Able to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing
- Sound understanding of the regulatory regimes governing Retail UK
- Ability to analyse and interpret regulatory documentation
- Commercial and organisational awareness